Yes friends, today I turn 29. On May 12, 1981 after 38 1/2 hours of labor, my mother had a c-section and her first born came into this world. Lucky parents!
Since I decided to embarrass my family members on their birthdays, I figured I’d share with you all some embarrassing facts about myself, in the spirit of fairness. So today, on my birthday I’m letting you in on some secrets.
- When I was in high school I wore awful brown lipliner and brown lipstick that was a shade lighter than the lipliner. I thought I looked so cool. I didn’t
- Once at a swim meet in college I was swimming the 500 free. I hit the wall thinking I had finished the race, and couldn’t believe how fast I had went. The whole team was screaming and waving their arms. I thought they were so proud. Turns out my friend had counted my laps wrong, and I swam a 450. To this day, she and I still refer to it as my ghetto 500.
- When I was 19 my mom told me if I looked carefully I could see the flag on the moon. I believed her.
- I partied so hard on my 21st birthday in Australia that to this day, I have no idea how I got home. When my roommate and I woke up the door was wide open, our clothes were everywhere and we were both passed out on top of our beds. Classy. That’s what happens when you start the night pregaming with tequila shots.
- I was bald until I was 2, so my mom got my ears pierced so people would stop asking “what’s his name?” Despite the earrings and the girliest clothes she could find, people kept asking.
- In high school we used to go to a restaurant that would give you a t-shirt if you ate a whole XXL pizza by yourself. I earned 4 shirts in my time.
- In 4th grade my class did projects on different parts of Washington, D.C. I wanted to do my project on the National Mall because I thought it would be fun to research shopping. That’s obviously not what the National Mall is. The worst part is, I had been to the National Mall not too long before that.
- I once dropped my phone in the toilet. I also have stepped into an open toilet. It made such a loud noise that my dad came running up the stairs to check what happened and when he saw me up to my knee (just the right one) in the toilet, he almost fell over laughing.
- I tend to talk at night. Some favorites include: “um, um, Godzilla,” “what about waffles?”, “tell me I’m a good rapper,” and “ahhhhh, ahhhh. ahhhh.”
- I’ve seen every episode of Saved by the Bell. I realize now how terrible that show was!
Not really sure what today has in store for me. I’m actually in Boston until Sunday, and I have a lot I need to do here. Hopefully my day involves cupcakes and/or 40 Carrots fro yo at some point. I also need to figure out what to get myself for my birthday. I get myself a gift EVERY year, and am kind of at a loss. Maybe a new Pandora charm? I don’t know!
Don’t forget about my Nourish Your Inner Goddess giveaway from Yoplait!
Share some embarrassing stories about yourself with me! Do you buy yourself birthday gifts? What should I treat myself to?