2 years ago I married my best friend. Unfortunately, I can’t be with Solomon today to celebrate, but I did get him a cute little gift (something he has wanted for awhile), and can’t wait to be together soon to celebrate.
I thought it would be fun to share some fun facts about my BFF! I figured 28 facts, since he is 28 years old!
- Solomon is a die hard Red Sox fan. They broke his heart this year. He loves Boston in general.
- Solomon has an older brother, an older sister and a younger brother. Sometimes he is really a “classic” middle child :). He has an amazing family which I am so lucky to be a part of.
- He is quite possibly the world’s greatest uncle to our 3 nephews (and our niece who we haven’t met yet). He loves them all sooo much and will do anything for them.
- Solomon sang a capella in college. He really wants to get involved with a capella again, and hopes to start a group at Allegheny.
- He is very educated about Judaism, and really enjoys talking about it. A lot of people (myself included) think he would actually make a great rabbi (though I’m not sure if I would be such a good rabbi’s wife!)
- He likes to say he doesn’t like a food before he even tries it. Then it ends up being one of his favorite foods. Go figure.
- Solomon will watch the same movies OVER AND OVER again and never get sick of them.
- He likes to order a glass of milk when we get dessert at restaurants. I think it’s the cutest thing ever.
- His ears turn red around 10 pm, and he falls asleep if he is on a couch or chair, no matter where we are.
- Solomon got into a car accident about 10 years ago and he flipped his car over completely. He walked away without a single scratch.
- He is my biggest fan and biggest supporter.
- He didn’t want a miniature schnauzer, but is the greatest schnauzer dad and loves Rufio more than he ever thought he could.
- He got a Master’s in School Counseling, and would eventually like to do private college counseling.
- He will eat almost anything I put in front of him without a complaint, and only tell me after the fact if he wasn’t a big fan of it.
- He’ll kill me for telling y’all, but he loves the show Glee. Loves it
- He also loves How I Met Your Mother. He’s a big fan of Barney Stinson (Swarley!).
- Solomon loves pad thai more than anyone I know. I think he would eat it everyday if he could. He would also probably eat sushi everyday (although there’s nowhere to get it in M’Ville!)
- The guy friends in Solomon’s life are awesome, and all treat me like their equal, not like their friend’s wife. He really surrounds himself with great people.
- Solomon is a bit of a wine snob, and really hates white zinfandel (me too, sorry!). He’d rather have a nice glass of wine than a beer anyday!
- After college he traveled the world for 2 months going to San Francisco, New Zealand, Australia, China and Israel. It put our relationship to the test, but was an amazing experience for him.
- I think Solomon’s calves are sexy. Weird, right?
- Solomon watches Saved By the Bell every morning while getting ready for work, even though he has seen each episode a dozen times.
- He will never turn down ice cream or Oreos. Never.
- He told me he didn’t like oatmeal, but now that he started eating it, wants it most mornings. He even likes it the way I make it with wheatberries and oat bran!
- He adores coffee cake, and makes my coffee cake perfectly. It’s really cute that he likes to bake.
- He doesn’t understand my nut butter obsession, but doesn’t give me a hard time about constantly bringing home and trying new jars.
- Solomon never likes any of my shoes when I bring them home, and then ends up loving them all. Good thing, since I keep bringing home so many new pairs (I swear, it’s a sickness!)
- He loves my family, even though they can be a little crazy, and CHOOSES to spend time with them, whether it is coffee with my mom, rock climbing with my dad or dinner with my brother. I feel so lucky that he wants to be around them!
There you have it. Now you know a little bit more about Solomon, who I talk a lot about. I probably could have kept going, but I had to stop somewhere!
What are some fun facts about yourself or another loved one? I should do this about myself one day too!